Tuesday, July 22, 2008

schedule...

My day:

Wake up @ 535AM
Put on my flip-flops, grab my lunch box. 
Head down to fill my lunch box and grab breakfast. 

My lunch is the same everyday: turkey sandwich, apple, banana, water and chips. 
Breakfast has no variety: bagel and water and apple and banana. 

Arrive back to room @ 6AM
Eat my breakfast while I check my email.
Find a scripture for the day, to think about and pray over. 

@ 615AM
Get dressed, brush teeth and get ready for the day. 

@640AM
Grab stuff and head off to the bus. 

@715AM
Arrive at school. 
Sign-in
Check mailbox
turn in assignments
Head to classroom

@730AM
prepare for lesson, math/literacy hour
distribute pencils for students
clean up lesson materials from day before
organize life...

@8AM
Students arrive
Stand at the front of the class with my teacher face.
Hand out stickers to those who come in and sit quietly. 
Do daily stretches with kids. 

@9AM
Begin Word Study and Reading lesson 

@1035AM 
Finish lesson for the day, transition with teaching partner. 

@1040
Curriculum session

@1230
C.S. session ends, head up to classroom. 

@1230
Meet with Teaching Advisor to go over the day's lesson. 

@1245
Lunch! Time to breathe!

@115
C.S session 2 begins 

@250
Some other class, depends on the day. 

@420PM
Session ends (YAY!) 
head to bus to go back to dorms. 

@ 515PM
Dinner time! (well, normally). 

@6PM
Night workshops. 

@8PM
begin homework for the next day

@1130-1200
Get ready for bed, take a shower. 

@1200
SLEEP! (WHEW!)

I have never been so aware of every minute in a day before this experience. Now, I count every minute as valued, and realize that if my life is not micro-organized I am being unproductive. Well, at least in a Teach for America context.

I just wanted to give you a visual of what an average day looks like for me this week...

Prayer for strength, endurance and perspective, that I really focus on God's lens and not my own selfish one.

Thanks! More later, time to sleep. 


No comments: